Work from Home Jobs for College Students: As a student, doing a part-time job besides your studies is somewhat a zestfulact. However, it is vital to select the most suitable placement to manage your studies forbye the work schedule. Earlier college students used to choose night-shift jobs to attend their classes in the daytime.
But in this internet era, you don’t need to stay at an offsite location at night. There are nimiety options of work from home jobs for college students that allow you to work and earn money from the comfort of your home. Additionally, these jobs offer flexible working schedules so that you can do your job, balancing your academic course sessions.
- 1 Work from Home Jobs for College Students
- 1.1 1. Voice Over Jobs
- 1.2 2. Online Tutoring Jobs
- 1.3 3. Proofreading Jobs
- 1.4 4. Virtual Personal Trainer Jobs
- 1.5 5. Data Entry Jobs
Work from Home Jobs for College Students
Here is a list of the 5 best flexible online jobs for college students. Over and above that, you will learn how to get started for such career options.
1. Voice Over Jobs
In voiceover, a person needs to record speech from behind the camera. The recording or live show can be aired through online video platforms, television, or radio.
A voiceover artist is selected based on voice quality, speech clarity, fluency, ability to speak dialogues with proper emotions, etc.
Here, you can getsmall or big scripts to read outfor television commercials, announcements, or documentaries. The most exciting part is it won’t engage you for more than 2 to 3 hours.
How to Get Started Voice Over Work
- Students who want to be professional voiceover artists can go for a voiceover training
- Record a few voiceover clips and post them on your Youtube channel
- Keep updating your resume as well as social media channels with new posts
- Find projects on Upwork and share your Youtube channel link to show up your skills
How much can you earn for voice over work?
Rates of voiceover programs depend on the length and complexity of scripts. A beginner can get up to a $50 per hour rate for a 2 minutes recording.
2. Online Tutoring Jobs
Teaching is one of the most productive online jobs for college students. It helps you brush up onyour skills and get paid for them.
There are numerous apps and online platforms where you can get the opportunity to connect with other students to teach them. However, you can earn a regular passive income without connecting with students through Udemy.
How to get started online tutoring jobs?
- Choose your favorite subject
- Prepare notes on MS PowerPoint or PDF files
- Record video lectures
- Segregate it in several lessons
- Quote a price for your course
- Upload the course on Udemy
- Create a promotional preview to attract the audience to take the course
How much can you earn from online tutoring?
For each sale, you will get 60% of the quoted price. You or Udemy can offer the course at a discounted price to increase conversions.
3. Proofreading Jobs
Proofreading is quite an in-demand skill. It involves rectifying published content on the web or in paper prints.
The proofreading only requires a sound knowledge of grammar, correct spellings, and loads of patience. A proofreader needs to read thousands of words of writtencontent to correct grammatical and spelling errors in it.
Since the research part is not involved in this task, it takes hardly half an hour to proofread an entire article. Thus, it is a less arduous and simpleremote job for college students. Your own skills and a few free online tools are enough to do the job perfectly.
How to get started Proofreading Jobs?
- Create your profile on Upwork to search for proofreading projects.
How much can you earn from proofreading jobs?
You can expect the incentives on a per-project basis. The average charge for proofreading 1000 words starts from $5 to $10.
4. Virtual Personal Trainer Jobs
You can become a personal trainer, giving fitness training and sharing tips to stay fit and active. This is an easy job for fitness enthusiast students. It lets you work on flexible hours and earn money, as much as you want.
How to get started virtual personal trainer job?
- You need to be a qualified fitness expert to become a personal trainer. Complete AED/ CPR certification course to turn out to be a professional.
- Upload several videos on Youtube and other social media platforms to promote your skills. There are possibilities to get leads from these channels.Alternatively, you can apply on several job sites.
- Create an online portfolio
- Connect with your clients through webinar platforms like GoToWebinar, Demio, etc. It enables you to coach multiple clients at a time.
How much can you earn from virtual personal trainer job?
An online personal trainer can charge up to $15 to $20 from a client for each session. On average, you can make at least $1K in a month. Additionally, you can record those classes and earn a passive income by uploading them on your Youtube channel.
5. Data Entry Jobs
Data entry job generally involves creating, updating, or rectifying databases. Though the task is simple, it requires proper attention. Data entry clerks prepare raw data by transcribing them from one format to another.
This is an easy-to-obtain online job for college students, as the employer won’t ask for your prior work experience.If you can type thousands of data accurately within a short span, you are the perfect person for this role. What’s more, it can be done using a laptop or desktop with a keyboard and a fast internet connection. Hence, you can do it from your home, dorm, or a cafe.
How to Get Started with Data Entry Jobs?
- Pursue a Professional MS Excel course from Udemy if you don’t have an acquaintance with the application. A data entry clerk certification course also helps in getting high pay gigs.
- Prepare a solid resume, including a brief introduction of you and all your qualifications and skills.
- Search for gigs on legit platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, Clickworker, etc.
How much can you earn from data entry jobs?
You can get projects offering $10 to $30 per hour.
In this list of top 5 work from home jobs for college students, I have picked the most flexible jobs. As a student, your studies should get the first priority. These projects will enable you to bank some bucks by working during your spare time and holidays. Moreover, you can leave work at any time to get prepared for your exams.
So what are you waiting for? Choose the most suitable one and start working from today.